London Heathrow Airport is set to install an additional 135 charging points for electric vehicles


12 January 2016

London Heathrow Airport in the UK is set to install an additional 135 charging points capable of serving at least 260 electric vehicles in and around the airport. The GBP 2 million investment has been announced alongside the release of a series of reports detailing Heathrow’s progress toward its 2015 ‘blueprint’ commitments to reducing airport noise, emissions and traffic. The airport currently has 21 electric vehicle charging stations in its short-stay parking garages that are free of charge for visitors. John Holland-Kaye, CEO of London Heathrow Airport, said: “The year 2015 saw us commit to a series of action plans that will make us a better neighbour, by reducing noise, emissions and traffic. Today we are providing an update on the very significant progress already being made, thanks to the commitment of the airport community. But we know that we need to do more, and in the coming months will set out even more ambitious plans that will make an expanded Heathrow the most environmentally responsible hub airport in the world.” The reports, which provided a ‘traffic light rating’ against each of the commitments published in the blueprints, showed that 70% of the pledges had been put into action, and that the remaining 30% were in progress.

Weitere Newsartikel ansehen



inter airport Europe Newsletter

Versorgt Sie regelmäßig mit den wichtigsten Neuigkeiten aus der Welt der Flughäfen